Basic Baby Care
Babies do not come with manuals!
Day to day care for your newborn can be scary if you do not know what to do. Village Baby Consultants will educate you in the privacy of your home in a one on one setting. This comprehensive package will prepare and educate you on everything you need to parent your baby with confidence.
Topics included in our Basic Baby Care Package and the Basic Baby Care Manual include:
- Daily Care: Umbilical cord care, bathing, nails, circumcision care, handling and holding.
- Diapering: The pros and cons of cloth vs. disposable, cost and hands-on diapering demonstration.
- Developmental Guidance: Baby equipment do’s and don’ts; tummy time: Why it is important for development, how long to do it, and tips on getting your baby to like it; strategies to prevent developmental delays
- Feeding Overview: Breastfeeding vs. bottle feeding.
- Hands-On Swaddling Demonstration
- How To Soothe And Calm Your Newborn: “The 4th Trimester”
- Infant Massage Techniques
- Safe Sleep: SIDS guidelines
- Sleeping: A wide range of effective settling techniques, setting realistic expectations, understanding baby’s sleep patterns, identifying your baby’s sleepy cues, and establishing daily routines that include a balance of feeding, activity and sleep
- Understanding Your Newborn: How they look and behave. (Reading your baby’s signals).
Your private consultant will demonstrate (and have you practice) on a baby doll. Various baby products will also be used in the demonstration.
The package also includes:
- Basic Baby Care Manual
- Handouts and resources
- Referrals to specialists, doctors, daycare options
- Any questions or referrals as needed
The Happiest Baby on the Block DVD and sounds CD
This service is billed at $120 per hour.
This is a great shower gift!
Get More Information & Register Today!
Have a question about one of our offerings or are you ready to start your package? Fill out the brief form below!